Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Getting there, but not quite.

...Let me say up front -- I know we're going to be OK.
...It's just that I'm having a little trouble getting there.
...The Mortgage Company has been trying to reach me. I'm not in arrears, so I blow it off. Well, yesterday, an envelope arrived. Not only are taxes projected to double, but my escrow account is $700.00 in underfundage. If that isn't a word, it should be, because I guarantee finding the seven hundred clams  and the additional $40.00 per month that my payment will go up in addition is not going to be fun.
...I have savings.
...I have most of the Stimulus Money that was sent out last month. I've been so fortunate to stay employed (but screwed, too) that I haven't dipped too far into that, but I did justify a hundred to pay off previous late fees, so that was responsible if nothing else.
...I could lower the insurance on my vehicles, thus saving monthly, and I may as well get rid of the van since I'm not driving it.
...But I'm struggling.
...I need new glasses.
...I have put off vehicle maintenance.
...I need yard work done.
...I am doing this on my own, and it's a struggle.
...I have no Knight in Shinning bank account Armor.
...And it's a little of a freak out.
...I know we're going to be OK. I just have to get there.

No comments: