... All the world is in freak out mode, as public venues are beginning to open and people are venturing out. That's not without worries, naturally. For as humans, especially in this Country, we are less likely to follow rules and do what we damned well want.
...As the Northern Hemisphere warms, the Southern Hemisphere is starting to suffer the effects of The 'Rona. Hmmm, didn't a certain someone mention that it would lessen as summer approaches? I'll be doggone. (It was our President, and he viciously called out on it.) He may have been on to something after all. Let me point you to a well written piece in the Washington Post titled "Tell Me What to Do. Please! Even Experts Struggle with Coronavirus Unknowns." If you're too lazy to read it, I'll nutchell it for you. We didn't know, couldn't have known, and won't know for some time until the science and the numbers are thoroughly tumbled time and time again (which takes time). Oh -- and the best quote? "Science is messy." The whole article is chock full of things to chew on, and doesn't point fingers or assign (political) blame. We weren't prepared because we haven't been tested. I've said it before -- this is like 9-11. We never thought it would happen here because it hasn't happened here before.
...Experience breeds wisdom. And other things.
...If you are used to oppression, tracking, squalor, then it's nothing new when it's enforced.
...But 'Murica isn't used to being told no or that something's for our own good and we're going to
damn well flaunt our personal liberties at the expense of the old, infirm or poor. Was it the flu? I don't know. I thought it was like the flu, but I wasn't provided a crystal ball, and neither were our leaders. I still stand behind being safe means never having to be sorry, and I have no problem with us hunkering down for the greater good. I've been Jonsing to go shopping, to linger over wifi and endless fountain drinks, and to converse with strangers over spun fibers but I've been pretty good about that. I'd like to (afford to) go to a sit down restaurant and have someone be nice to me. (Are hookers and waiters the same? You pay for both. And now that buffet restaurants won't be returning any time soon...I'm beginning to wonder ---and worry about my mental health.)
...As someone who's had to make major adjustments through no fault of my own, I should be used to it. I feel like the whipping boy most times, it's true. And I will find my bearing as will we all. We just need to be smart about it.
...You'll find me here, watching you, because if I learned anything being Jim's daughter-in-law, it's that there is much that can be known in watching others. He was the Master and I but a mere student, but recon is where it's at.
No comments:
Post a Comment